February 16 2020 18:15:08 login.png lostpassword.png
bullet.gif Home
bullet.gif Articles
bullet.gif Photo Gallery
bullet.gif Web Links
bullet.gif FAQ
bullet.gif Contact Me
bullet.gif Search
Crooks and Criminals 2000-Present
VAUGHANs that made it into history for questionable actions from 2000 to the Present.

An Easton, Pennsylvania man will face trial in Northampton County Court on charges that he threw a portable radio at an employee in the public assistance office, knocking the victim unconscious, according to court records. Lloyd C. Vaughan, 28, of the unit block of North Sixth Street, gave up his right to a preliminary hearing Tuesday before District Judge Antonia Grifo; a move that typically acknowledges that prosecutors have enough evidence to merit the charges. Vaughan is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment. He remains in prison under $50,000 bail. Police said the assault happened April 17, 2014 at the county's public assistance office at 201 Larry Holmes Drive.

Theodore G VAUGHAN
Six arrested after suspected meth lab bust on Cleveland’s West Side
October 16th, 2011
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Police in Cleveland say that they were able to arrest six individuals in connection with drugs following a bust of a meth lab in the city’s west side, according to the reports. The Cleveland Police Department had been scouting the area in the 14000 block of Gramatan Avenue near Triskett Road and West 140th Street for suspicion of drug production in the residence. The meth lab bust was a combined effort of the Cleveland Police Narcotics Unit and the Ohio State Highway Patrol SWAT Team. When they searched the house, they found drugs and six individuals that were in the residence. Three of those that were arrested were living in the home where the bust took place, according to the reports. Among those who were arrested was 28-year-old Kenneth L. Morgan Jr. of Cleveland, 27-year-old Cleveland man Zyad Almeraisi and 26-year-old Lakewood man Theodore G. Vaughan. The three who were living in the residence were arrested and were identified as 28-year-old Cleveland man Rachel A. Webb, 37-year-old Cleveland man Monika A. Gordon and 28-year-old Cleveland man Melissa R. Naujoks. Aside from the meth that was found inside the home, they also recovered firearms , cash that was believed to be drug money, miscellaneous pills, laptop, personal papers and other drug related items, according to the police reports.

Donna Carol VAUGHAN
Donna Carol Vaughan, 52, Hickory Cove Road, Rogersville, Tennessee was sentenced on October 26, 2012 to two years and one day and fined $2,225 for promotion of manufacturing methamphetamine and maintaining a dwelling where narcotics are housed or used.

3 arrested in series of violent convenience store robberies
FEDERAL WAY, Washington, September 21, 2012
Two men and a woman have been arrested in connection with a string of violent armed robberies at convenience stores in South King County. Three stores, two in Federal Way and one Renton, were robbed between about 1:30 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday, police said. A clerk at a Federal Way 7-Eleven was assaulted when he resisted during one robbery and a robber's gun went off during the struggle. No one was hit. Surveillance video from the Federal Way robberies led police to believe that the same two men committed both robberies and another one that occurred about 30 minutes later in Renton. Federal Way police said with the help of South Sound law enforcement agencies and news coverage, two suspects and a vehicle were identified. Surveillance was conducted in South Seattle Friday morning, and the owner of the vehicle confirmed a connection between the vehicle, suspects and the robberies, Cathy Schrock with Federal Way police said. A man and a woman were arrested at the scene. A second man was arrested in Renton. The suspects were identified as 24-year-old Darius M. Webb, 31-year-old Robert D. Holmes and 26-year-old Marion D. Vaughan. Kent police confirmed Friday that the suspects are also responsible for two robberies in Kent that started the evening of Sept. 13. In a violent robbery at the Kent Food Store, surveillance video showed a clerk being held at gunpoint, pistol-whipped, thrown to the ground and robbed.

Christopher Michael VAUGHAN
by Allie Robinson, March 2012
A city man who police say confessed to being responsible for four robberies in the city from Sunday to Monday told them he was short on money, authorities said Thursday. “All he told us was he was hard up for money and the idea just popped into his head,” Bristol, Tenn., Police Capt. Charlie Thomas said of the man’s possible motive. Christopher Michael Vaughan, 33, of Avoca Road, Bristol, Tenn., has now been charged with three counts of aggravated robbery in Tennessee and one count each of robbery and use of a firearm in commission of a felony in Virginia. The arrests wrap up a case of four robberies in the city in 24 hours, police say, plus an attempted robbery outside city limits. Two convenience stores in Bristol, Tenn., a Scotchman and a Shell/Roadrunner, both on Volunteer Parkway, were robbed at gunpoint late Sunday night by a man wearing a dark blue hoodie and a baseball cap, according to surveillance video. The next afternoon, New People’s Bank in Bristol, Va., was robbed by a man wearing the same clothing. And, Belmont Package Store, a liquor store in Bristol, Tenn., was robbed late Monday by a similarly dressed man. Only cash was taken from each business. Video from the Scotchman on Bristol Caverns Highway later Monday night shows a man who attempted to rob the store wearing the same clothing, but nothing was taken. Police questioned Vaughan after his arrest late Wednesday, and he “gave a full confession to these crimes,” according to court records. In addition, they searched his home, just miles from the convenience stores that were robbed, and found “a blue hoodie and a Detroit Tigers baseball cap” identical to the ones seen in the surveillance video. They also found a small black handgun they believe he used in the robberies. Thursday morning, they searched his car, a Ford Explorer seized for evidence Wednesday night. Inside, they found cash from all four robberies, they said. “Money belonging to New Peoples Bank was recovered,” said Bristol, Va., Police Sgt. Steve Crawford. “The money was in the thousands … a large portion of it was recovered.” He would not disclose the full amount, citing the ongoing investigation. Thomas said most of the money was recovered from the robberies in Bristol, Tenn., too, although he also declined to disclose the amount. “It’s still under investigation, and we’re looking for the rest of the money that was taken,” he said. Vaughan is a student at Northeast State Community College, according to court records. He has no prior criminal record in Bristol, Tenn., and has been found guilty only of a traffic infraction in Virginia. He was being held on a $250,000 bond Thursday at the Sullivan County jail. He will appear in General Sessions Court on the three aggravated robbery charges at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Kenneth Lamont VAUGHAN
Man Robs 76-Year-Old Woman After She Passes Out In Wheelchair
Aug 14, 2012 by Ruth Manuel-Logan
Kenneth Lamont Vaughan was charged with felony larceny after allegedly robbing an elderly woman who passed out in her motorized wheelchair while shopping at a Roxboro, N.C., Walmart, reports the New York Daily News. She reportedly passed out after taking her medication. The 42-year-old man was cuffed four days after the incident. Vaughan’s unscrupulous antics were caught by surveillance cameras. He is seen creeping on Queen Walters as she sat sleeping in her wheelchair in the office supplies aisle. He is seen grabbing the 76-year-old’s handbag, then absconding with its content of $300 in cash, keys, credit cards, driver’s license and medication.

Middletown (Connecticut) Police arrested Bruce Vaughan, 47, Saturday evening in an apartment in Hartford after they say he stole $7,000 from a Middletown bank earlier that morning.
by Megan Bard, April 22, 2012
A 47-year-old man was arrested late Saturday after Middletown Police say he robbed the Bank of America branch on Washington Street earlier that morning, making off with $7,000 in cash. He was charged with second-degree robbery and second-degree larceny. With the help of a citizen and the Investigative Services Division, by 1 p.m., police say the suspect was found to be Bruce Vaughan, of no certain address. He was tracked to an apartment in Hartford by 10 p.m. He was taken into custody without incident, and, the report says, confessed to the robbery. Vaughan has a criminal history that includes numerous burglary, larceny and failure to appear charges.

On April 18, 2012 Donald Vaughan, 20, pleaded guilty in Lancaster Circuit Court to multiple charges related to a series of sexual assaults in Kilmarnock over two years ago. Donald Vaughan pleaded guilty to multiple felony charges in Lancaster Circuit Court April 19. In accordance with an arrangement worked out between Lancaster Commonwealth’s Attorney Robert Cunningham, law enforcement officials and the victims, Vaughan pleaded guilty last Thursday to three counts of sodomy, two counts of breaking and entering and one count each of rape and aggravated sexual battery. In return for the pleas, Vaughan, is expected to be sentenced on June 24, after presiding Judge Joseph Spruill considers a sentencing report, to four life terms plus a total of 60 years for three of the lesser charges, all continuous, with an active sentence of 60 years to serve. Vaughan is currently serving a 40-year sentence for similar crimes against two Maryland women in that state. Vaughan, who was 19 at the time of the crimes, will not likely see a day of freedom until he is in his 70s, if ever at all. The charges were a result of a winter crime spree that shocked and horrified the region.

Orville Vaughan, 52, of Allington Road, was sentenced at Swindon Crown Court (Wiltshire, England) after he was convicted of two counts of rape last month. Both victims were teenagers at the time of the attacks. He was found not guilty of a third count against a third woman. His first victim, who was aged 13 when she was assaulted in the 1980s in a town centre carpark, said she now felt "free" following the result. The woman did not tell anyone about the incident for 28 years. When she did, the police at first said there was not enough evidence for a conviction but after she appealed on the internet, two other women came forward. "It's never too late, whether it be 10 years, 15, or 28 like mine," she added. "Go to the police, don't carry it with you. "Knowing I can go out of my door, go anywhere I like in Swindon now and that I'm not going to bump into him. I feel free." In a statement from Wiltshire Police, Det Sgt Rob Findlay, who led the cold case review, said justice had now been done. "The rapes happened a long time ago and caused great distress to the victims at the time and in the years since," he added. "I would like to commend their bravery in coming forward to give evidence." Vaughan will be placed on the Sex Offenders' Register for the rest of his life and banned from working with children on his release.

Nathan VAUGHAN-Jones
Sunday 29th July 2012
by Ben Parsons, Crime Reporter for The Argus
A man who knifed his "controlling" stepfather to death after a long-running family feud boiled over has been found hanging in his cell. Nathan Vaughan-Jones, 34, was found at Lewes Prison at about 8.30pm on Friday and pronounced dead about half-an-hour later, the Prison Service said. He was jailed for 11 years in March after he pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of 63-year-old Nigel Ross on the grounds of diminished responsibility. He stabbed Mr Ross 41 times in the garden of his sister's home in Mill Lane, South Chailey, near Lewes, East Sussex, on March 29 last year. Days earlier, Vaughan-Jones had returned to Britain from Bermuda, where he lived with his wife, to hear of Mr Ross's "dominating" attitude towards other family members, Maidstone Crown Court heard. A Prison Service spokeswoman said: "HMP Lewes prisoner Nathan Vaughan-Jones was found hanging in a cell at approximately 8.30pm on Friday July 27.

Tyler Ryan VAUGHAN
Son kills dad in St. Cloud, Florida murder-suicide, police said
Tuesday, 07 August 2012 11:09
by Fallan Patterson, Staff Writer
A son shot and killed his father at their St. Cloud home Monday before turning the gun on himself in a murder-suicide, the St. Cloud Police Department said. Autopsies on Vincent Vaughan, 51, and Tyler Ryan Vaughan, 20, were conducted Tuesday by the Orange/Osceola Medical Examiner's Office to determine who shot whom as evidence at the scene was inconclusive. “It appears to be a domestic situation between the pair,” St. Cloud police Chief Pete Gauntlett said, adding the son lived with the father and the pair had a history of domestic altercations. Father and son were found just after 9 a.m. at 401 15th St. after the father's employer contacted police when he failed to show up for work at Michigan Avenue Elementary School in St. Cloud. The father was head custodian at the school since Sept. 2005, Osceola County School District spokeswoman Dana Schaffer said. He had worked for the district since Aug. 1997. Principal Diane Crooks-Nichols, who initially made the call, and assistant principal Ed Toothe met officers at the residence for a wellness check, St. Cloud Police Department spokeswoman Sgt. Denise Roberts said. "He (the father) didn't report to work and they thought that was unusual so they met us there, Roberts said. "No one answered the door and our officers found the two men deceased in the house." Roberts was unsure how long the pair had been dead and didn't know if anyone else lived at the home. The house belongs to Vincent and Lourdes Vaughan, according to the Osceola County Property Appraiser's website. Tyler Vaughan played linebacker for St. Cloud High School's varsity football team from 2007-09. He was the Bulldogs' leading tackler in 2007 and 2008 and helped lead the Bulldogs to a 2008 district championship and playoff appearances in 2008 and 2009, only the second time in school history the team made back-to-back playoff trips. Mark Jackson was head coach during Tyler Vaughan's three years as a starter on the Bulldogs' varsity team, where the player was once team captain. Jackson said he was “shocked” to hear about Tyler Vaughan's death. “Myself and my family are very saddened by this. I was very blessed to have coached him. He was a very competitive kid, a good athlete and a good friend to his teammates,” he said. “His parents were always at his games. He had good parents who were supportive and involved.” Jackson, who is currently the offensive coordinator at Golden Gate High School in Naples, said he was “concerned” about how Tyler Vaughan's friends and former teammates would “recover” from the unexpected news of his death. “He was a real loyal kid,” Jackson said. Friends and acquaintances took to Twitter to express their disbelief at the Vaughans' deaths, posting photographs of father and son. “I feel like this isn't really life (sic) my heart is broken,” Jasmine Blaze wrote on Twitter. “I love you Tyler Ryan Vaughan.”

Cory B & Anna S VAUGHAN
WBRZ.com June 6, 2012 - DENHAM SPRINGS - Narcotics agents made four arrests in a marijuana bust that they believe will cut down on drug trafficking in Livingston Parish, Louisiana. Deputies arrested two women and two men Wednesday night after searching a residence on 9951 Spur Road in Denham Springs. Investigators said they found about 100 plants, more than 30 pounds of various types of marijuana, guns and cash at the home. Deputies arrested the following people as part of the investigation, all of whom had the residence listed as their address: Jeanette Marie White, 37; Michael R. Jones, Jr., 43; Corey B. Vaughan, 35; and Anna S. Vaughan, 33. Authorities also called the Department of Children and Family Services to take custody of a 15-year-old who was also living in the residence. All four were charged with drug distribution and possession, as well as having drugs in the presence of a minor. White and Jones also face weapons charges. Investigators estimated the total value of the seized marijuana at $394,000. They said more arrests are possible as the investigation continues.

Columbia man arrested for unlawful possession of firearm, resisting arrest
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 | 5:01 p.m. CDT
BY Elizabeth Gallaway of THE MISSOURIAN
Quinton James Vaughan, 21, was the passenger of a cream-colored 1985 Buick LeSabre pulled over by a deputy on Brown School Road near Highway 63. When the vehicle was stopped for an expired license plate, Vaughan got out of the vehicle, dropped a loaded revolver and ran, said Tom Reddin, a major in the Boone County Sheriff's Department. Vaughan was stopped without struggle by a responding deputy. Vaughan was arrested on suspicion of the unlawful possession of a firearm, resisting arrest and possession of less than 35 grams of marijuana, according to a release from the sheriff's department. The driver of the vehicle was allowed to leave, the release stated. In 2009, Vaughan received a felony conviction for the unlawful distribution and delivery of drug paraphernalia, Reddin said. In Missouri, it is illegal for someone with a criminal record to have a firearm. Vaughan was taken to Boone County Jail, the release stated. His bond is $9,500.

Fourth defendant sentenced in Memphis police corruption case - March 28, 2006,
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A former Memphis police officer who admitted accepting $4,500 in a sting operation was sentenced to four years in prison Monday. "There's no excuse for my actions. I sincerely apologize to the citizens of Memphis and to my family," John D. Vaughan said. Vaughan was the last of four sentenced in the 2004 police corruption case. Vaughan admitted accepting money to provide to protection to people he thought were drug dealers but really were undercover federal agents.

Courtesy Liverpool (England) Echo - Sept 29, 2011
Daniel Vaughan, 40, was jailed for 10 months in April alongside his ex-girlfriend Natalie Dickman for a 13-year benefits scam.
During the time of the fraud, Dickman pretended she was a single mum and that trainer Vaughan was her landlord so they could claim a string of benefits.
But in reality the couple had been together for years and had four children together.
Vaughan was back before Liverpool Crown Court yesterday for a Proceeds of Crime hearing to strip him of his ill-gotten gains.
Following negotiations between barristers in the case, it was agreed he had benefited from the scam by £125,000.
This was accepted by Judge John Roberts who ruled Vaughan, now of Bidston Road, Anfield, had £84,132 to pay back.
The judge ordered him to hand over the cash in the next two years or face a further two years behind bars.
Vaughan was also ordered to pay prosecution costs of £11,867.
When the pair were jailed the court heard Vaughan had pretended to be Dickman’s landlord so they could receive housing payments while she also dishonestly received income support.
Even when the pair were arrested they continued to insist Vaughan was not the children’s dad.
At the time the boxing coach was training seven people – all possible championship material.

Courtesy Hawaii Tribune-Herald
HILO, Hawaii — A man convicted of raping a child in Arkansas was found guilty Thursday of molesting three siblings on the Big Island. A Hilo Circuit Court jury convicted 57-year-old Gary Keith VAUGHAN of eight counts of first-degree sex assault, three of attempted first-degree sex assault, and 10 of third-degree sex assault. “I feel that it’s a fair and just verdict and I’m happy for the victims that they finally got justice,” Deputy Prosecutor Shannon Kagawa said. Judge Glenn Hara set an Aug. 18 sentencing date. If sentenced to consecutive terms, Vaughan faces a possible 230 years in prison. If all terms are concurrent, he’ll be sentenced to a maximum of 20 years.

Wesley Dale VAUGHAN, 50, was arrested by Tahlequah (Oklahoma) police in October 2009 after exposing himself to a child at Walmart. Just months before, according to Department of Corrections re- cords, VAUGHAN had been released from the DOC after a conviction on a lewd molestation charge. In 2007, VAUGHAN was jailed for allegedly exposing himself to people who were leaving a local church service. Witnesses chased VAUGHAN and tackled him, holding him until police arrived. VAUGHAN was also charged with two counts of exposure in March 2002, and another count in July 2002. One was dismissed as part of a plea agreement. He was convicted on the other two counts in January 2003 and received a five-year sentence on one count and an eight-year term on the other. DOC records show he served both terms by October 2005, when he was released. The latest charge will result in a 15-year prison sentence for VAUGHAN. Assistant District Attorney David Pierce said VAUGHAN must serve 85 percent – or nearly 13 years – of the sentence before he will be eligible for parole.

A Jacksonville, Florida man may be put to death after a jury convicted him on September 24, 2010 of arranging to have two men killed to avenge a drug debt in 2007. A jury of eight men and four women deliberated for an hour and 45 minutes Friday before delivering guilty verdicts on two counts of first-degree murder for Anthony Wesley VAUGHAN, 25. His sentencing hearing is scheduled for Oct. 15 for jurors to recommend life in prison or death. Friday’s verdict holds VAUGHAN responsible for the March 2007 shooting deaths of David R. Holmes, 41, and Martin Surapol, 37, at a boarding house off Lone Star Road in Arlington.

A Eugene man pleaded guilty October 2008 to aggravated murder in the 2006 shooting of his friend and fellow aspiring gang member, 21-year-old Noah Thacker. Michael Anthony VAUGHAN, 25, also pleaded guilty to arson for setting fire to Thacker's body and the apartment where he died in an attempt to conceal what Lane County District Attorney Doug Harcleroad called "a gang killing in the heart of Eugene." Lane County Circuit Judge Kip Leonard sentenced VAUGHAN on Thursday afternoon to at least 30 years in prison on the murder charge and more than seven years in prison on the arson charge. The two sentences, combined with those VAUGHAN already is serving for a related robbery and assault, mean VAUGHAN will spend at least 40 years in prison before he is eligible to apply for parole. But a plea deal struck with prosecutors Wednesday night allows him to avoid the death penalty he could have faced had he been convicted at trial. In a plea petition presented to Leonard, Vaughan acknowledged intentionally killing Thacker

A man Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones said was suspect in the March 29, 2004 triple homicide in the Beauregard, Alabama community was found dead Sunday morning, killed by a gunshot would that appears to be self-inflicted. The Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call Sunday at 4:26 a.m. reporting a shooting in the Beauregard community. According to Jones, Bernard VAUGHAN, 69, was found by his wife in the backyard of his home at 900 Lee Road 401. Scene conditions indicate that VAUGHAN died instantly of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, Jones said. A medium-caliber hand gun was found near the body. VAUGHAN was the property owner of 50 acres where William "Scooter" Stephens, 19, Jason Barr, 25, and Daniel Foster, 24, all of Beauregard, were shot and killed Friday afternoon after riding their four-wheel ATVs in the fields and woods at the 1100 block of Lee Road 401. VAUGHAN was interviewed by deputies Saturday and was a potential suspect for the murders, Jones said, adding that VAUGHAN is now the prime focus of the murder investigation. "We interviewed VAUGHAN on Friday, just as we did others, and didn't consider him to be a suspect at that time," Jones said. "But after subsequent interviews on Saturday with others, we began to believe there may have been some connection there. That's when we questioned him again and had planned to investigate the things we learned." Jones said VAUGHAN left behind a suicide note, but said details of the note could not be disclosed until the investigation is complete. VAUGHAN may have been an acquaintance with the victims, Jones said, but a family member of one of the victims said they did not know VAUGHAN. A motive for the shootings is still being investigated. Jones said it was obvious at the scene that the land had been used by those riding ATVs before. There was no indication that the victims were involved in any criminal activity on the property. Deputies retrieved a number of long rifles Sunday morning at VAUGHAN's home that are consistent with the weapon used at Friday's shootings. Jones said the young men were shot by a high-powered rifle and multiple shots were fired. He said until autopsy results are complete he couldn't list the nature of the wounds. Jones did say rumors that the killings were "execution style" were false based on the findings of investigators at the scene. "I think now we may know the what, but we may never know the why," Jones said. "We had put hundreds of man hours on this, talking to everyone we thought might have a sliver of information. But the hardest thing was to tell those families that their loved ones were dead. "And then today, to tell them this latest development, it just doesn't offer much comfort. The circle of people this thing has touched is unbelievable. There aren't too many people who didn't know the kids or someone who did know them. I think everyone is hurting and will be for quite some time. They just kept asking today, 'why?'" VAUGHAN was well-known and well-respected in the community. VAUGHAN, who was a retired Army colonel, was active in the community and has been a resident of Beauregard for many years. He was a member of Opelika United Methodist Church and was once president of the Retired Officers Association. "I've known Bernie VAUGHAN for years," Jones said. "He was a decent guy, something like this was totally out of character." Even though all fingers seem to point to VAUGHAN, Jones said investigators will continue to work the case until details are finalized. VAUGHAN's autopsy report, which will be ready this week, will confirm more details. The evidence of the apparent suicide is being submitted to the state crime lab for forensic analysis.

PLANTATION, FL - The victims: two women in their 20s, one a community college student with dreams of being a fashion designer, the other a recent arrival from Key West. "The killer: a jilted boyfriend with a history of domestic violence who within hours took his own life with a bullet to the head on the side of a road. "Under the harsh lights of an all-night gas station in Plantation, Jillian Hauck, 27, and Brooke Pazo, 22, were gunned down with multiple shots May 29, 2009 by a man who had shadowed them in a black car. Both lived in Plantation. Pazo was less than a mile from her home. "Their killer, police said, was Robert J. Vaughan, 30, of Pembroke Pines, who had recently split up with Hauck. Plantation police spokesman Robert Rettig said Pazo was not targeted, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. "`It appears that the motive in the Chevron shooting was domestic violence-related,` Rettig said. According to Rettig, at about 1 a.m. a dark green, two-door Acura owned by Hauck turned into the Chevron station at the northwest corner of Pine Island Road and Broward Boulevard and pulled up to pump 6. Vaughan followed, parked, got out and fired several shots into the car. "One woman died at the scene, the other died later at Broward General Medical Center. Police would not identify who died where. "Two hours later, Vaughan was found dead in the 5600 block of Hawkes Bluff Avenue in Davie. He had a gunshot wound to the head."

A 19-year-old man who had been under surveillance by local police as a suspect in two Kilmarnock rape cases was arrested in Baltimore on December 23, 2009 after he allegedly raped and attempted to murder a woman over the weekend, according to the Lancaster sheriff’s department. Baltimore police arrested Donald Vaughan of Kilmarnock after the victim identified him from a photo. City police said the suspect knocked on the victim’s door on Saturday during the snowstorm and offered to shovel her walkway. Later that day, he returned and forced his way into her house through a side door and sexually assaulted her holding a kitchen knife to her throat. He cut her throat before leaving and taking a cell phone, $200 in cash and credit cards. The victim was taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital where she underwent surgery and was released, police said. Baltimore police were able to track Vaughan to where he was staying through the cell phone he stole from the victim. Vaughan was a suspect in two sexual assaults that occurred in Kilmarnock on November 28 and December 1. Neither victim was able to give police detailed descriptions of their assailant because he attacked them in the dark. Lancaster sheriff’s department chief investigator Lt. Tim Self said Lancaster deputies and Kilmarnock police interviewed Vaughan several times and had him under surveillance for the past two weeks while they waited for forensic evidence to be processed. He was on parole for another offense and his parole officer allowed him to go to Baltimore last Wednesday for the Christmas holiday. A Baltimore parole officer was notified of his visit, Self said. Lt. Self noted Vaughan is originally from Baltimore but recently moved to Lancaster County to live with his mother. Kilmarnock Police Chief Mike Bedell and investigators Joanie Kent and Bobby Moore went to Maryland Monday to question Vaughan. Bedell said he confessed to both Kilmarnock incidents. “He became a suspect within a couple of days of the second incident and has been under surveillance ever since,” Chief Bedell reported. “He was found walking on the streets at 4:45 a.m. December 2 and was stopped and interviewed. We watched him and a couple of other suspects to make sure we had no other attacks before we could obtain the DNA results from the lab or get a confession. We hope to get the lab results by Wednesday.” Vaughan will be charged with multiple counts of breaking and entering as well as rape and forcible sodomy, Chief Bedell said. He credited the cooperative efforts of the Lancaster sheriff’s department and Kilmarnock police for tracking him down so quickly. “With the teamwork of White Stone Police Chief Bill Webb and deputies from Essex, Middlesex, Northumberland and Richmond counties, we saturated the town,” he said. Vaughan is being held in Baltimore without bail. Chief Bedell said he will seek his extradition to stand trial in Virginia.

Former Albuquerque, New Mexico real estate mogul Doug Vaughan faced a crowd of angry investors on June 20, 2010 during a meeting of his creditors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Vaughan is accused of running an $80 million Ponzi scheme and leaving as many as 621 potential victims in its wake. Last month a judge switched Vaughan’s personal bankruptcy filing from Chapter 11 to Chapters 7, which means instead of reorganizing his debts and staying in business his assets will be liquidated with the money split among investors and attorneys. About 40 investors showed up to the hearing, and it was especially emotional for those who lost their retirement funds. “He's totally uncredible; I just don't understand him at all," investor Patricia Crosby said. "I don't know how he can sleep at night,” After the nearly four-hour hearing, Vaughan left the courthouse without making any comments to news reporters. Vaughan and the attorneys went over all his assets including expensive homes in and around the Albuquerque area; two rental-homes in Las Vegas, Nev.; high-end luxury cars like a Jaguar, Ferrari, and a Harley Davidson motorcycle; and any money Vaughan had invested into his many business ventures.

Topeka, Kansas -- A serial bank robber linked to 15 robberies, including one in Salina where he fired a shot from a handgun into a cabinet, was sentenced September 4, 2010 to 16.5 years in prison. Albert Lawrence Vaughan, 41, of Loveland, Colo., was convicted in March in U.S. District Court in Topeka of one count of armed bank robbery and one count of discharging a firearm during a crime of violence. Law enforcement had tied Vaughan to bank robberies in Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada and Utah, and he was a suspect in six other robberies. Investigators think Vaughan's first bank robbery was March 3, 2003, in Loveland, and his last one was May 2, 2005, in Boulder, Colo. He allegedly struck in Las Vegas five times.

In January 2010, Mark Vaughan, 27, emptied Kathryn Leigh's wardrobe of gear worth £6,000 - plus 45 pairs of shoes - after seeing her kiss another man. He added her laptop to the pile before dousing it with petrol in the street. Police civilian investigator Katherine returned from a nightclub to find a burnt mess in the road outside their house in Farnborough, Hants, England. Cops arrived to find him "extremely drunk" and baking the spud. Guildford Crown Court, Surrey, heard he had sent her texts threatening to burn her things. He admitted arson and got a 12-month supervision order, £600 costs and 100 hours unpaid work.

On April 7, 2003, four family members who operated an automobile dealership in Rogersville, Tenn. were sentenced to prison terms ranging from 22 to 30 months for conspiring to commit various schemes to fraudulently obtain money, according to court documents. The family ran the Raley-Vaughan Motor Company, Inc. (RVMC) with Terry Vaughan as Vice President and general manager. His mother, Wanda Vaughan, was Secretary/Treasurer and a co-owner, and his father, Edward Vaughan, was President and a co-owner. His sister, Sheree Vaughan Kelso, was employed by the dealership handling accounting, sales and other duties. During the course of the conspiracy, the Vaughan family, through RVMC, (1) fraudulently obtained money, funds and credit by making false applications, installment contracts, promissory notes and other documents to banks and lending institutions; (2) engaged in a scheme to defraud General Motors Acceptance Corporation (GMAC); (3) deposited non-sufficient funds to RVMC accounts to fraudulently inflate the balances, and (4) used the money unlawfully obtained from banks, lending institutions and GMAC to promote the fraudulent schemes. Terry E. Vaughan was sentenced to a prison term of 30 months. Edward K. Vaughan, Wanda R. Vaughan and Sherree Vaughan Kelso were sentenced to prison terms of 22 months. All prison terms are to be followed by 36-months of supervised release and the four were ordered to pay restitution totaling $572,250.

On May 1, 2003, in Charlotte, NC, Phillip Mark Vaughan and Timothy B. Burnham were sentenced in Asheville N.C. for their role in a $56 million "Ponzi" scheme known as Banyan International Limited ("Banyan"). In the same case, two other defendants, Philip B. Greer and Howard T. Prince, III, were sentenced on March 25, 2003. Phillip Mark Vaughan was sentenced to 220 months in federal prison and approximately $28 million in restitution. Vaughan founded Banyan while he was an airline pilot and was its owner and manager throughout its existence. He pled guilty on June 14, 2001, to conspiracy to commit mail, wire, bank, and securities fraud and to sell unregistered securities, a separate conspiracy to commit money laundering, two counts of money laundering to evade taxes, and one count of money laundering to promote the Banyan fraud scheme.

A Klamath Falls man will spend 25 years in prison after pleading no contest to sodomy charges stemming from the sexual assault of a child over several years in Klamath and Lake counties. Darren Earl Vaughan, 49, pleaded no contest to first-degree sodomy September 30, 2010. The plea came in the middle of Vaughan's trial and immediately before his victim was to take the stand against him. Vaughan will have to serve his entire sentence because it is a mandatory minimum sentence.

A former University of North Carolina student who police considered one of the major cocaine dealers to students at the university was sentenced on Octobert 26, 2010 to 90 days in jail after she appeared in Orange County Criminal Superior Court. Eliza McQuail Vaughan, 22, was arrested at her apartment at 211 Church St. on Sept. 15, 2009, and charged with trafficking cocaine, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, and maintaining a residence to sell, keep or manufacture a controlled substance. Trafficking cocaine holds a mandatory sentence of 35 to 42 months in prison, which works out to nearly three to three years, six months in prison, Orange-Chatham District Attorney Jim Woodall said. However, Orange-Chatham Superior Court Judge Carl Fox ruled last week that Vaughan provided substantial assistance to law enforcement, making her eligible for a reduced sentence. Because she did not have a criminal record, Fox sentenced her to 13 to 15 months in prison, but suspended the sentence and placed her on supervised probation for 36 months. She was ordered to pay a $5,000 fine and $878 in court costs. Originally Fox ordered her to spend 120 days in jail, but her attorney, Tommy Manning, asked Fox to reduce it to 90 days so she could spend the time in the Orange County Jail, rather than be transferred to a prison, and Fox agreed. She began serving her sentence immediately after the hearing.

Jason Ronald Vaughan, 35, made his second appearance in the District Court in Brisbane January 11, 2011 on charges arising out of his inability to deal with women who rejected him. Last year a District Court jury found Vaughan guilty of unlawfully stalking an artist who he met at a gallery where she displayed her work. He was then sentenced to 2½ years probation and 240 hours of community service. That trial heard that despite the fact the woman had a boyfriend and told Vaughan she wanted nothing to do with him, he constantly phoned and sent her messages and emails in July 2008 and August 2008. The artist gave up painting and stopped exhibiting her artwork in the gallery. In the District Court yesterday, Vaughan pleaded guilty to four counts of using a carriageway to harass, menace or cause offence between 2005 and 2008. Commonwealth Prosecutor Stuart Shearer said that while Vaughan was this time charged under federal laws, the offences were very similar to the stalking charge from Vaughan's trial last year. The offences involved three women Vaughan's former girlfriend, a university student he met on a bus, and a woman he met at a nightclub. Mr Shearer said it involved Vaughan behaving in an aggressive and persistent manner when rejected by the women. "He has an inability to accept and deal with rejection from women . . . this conduct is almost routine to him," Mr Shearer said. The texts and emails were usually juvenile and overtly sexual and phone calls usually started out calmly before Vaughan became angry, Mr Shearer said. A written statement of agreed facts showed Vaughan sent messages such as: "What was I ever doing with a walrus like you" or "You vile piece of filth you will pay 4 what you've done". Barrister Aaron Simpson, for Vaughan, said his client had a science degree and worked in the biotechnology field. He said Vaughan had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression but had taken steps to address his problems by seeking medical assistance. Judge Tony Rafter, SC, said that in many ways Vaughan was a despicable person because his behaviour was not isolated. He said, however, after taking mitigating factors into account, he would sentence Vaughan to 12 months' jail but release him immediately on a $2000 good behaviour bond for two years.

Feb. 18, 2005
WEATHERFORD, Texas, Associated Press — A Dallas high school teacher accused of trying to solicit sex with a juvenile in an online chat room was found dead of an apparent suicide in a motel room today. A cause of death for Zane Roy Vaughan, 48, was not immediately released but an autopsy had been ordered.
Sgt. Chris Crawford of the Weatherford Police Department said the circumstances and nature of Vaughan's death were consistent with a suicide.
Vaughan was charged Thursday with criminal solicitation of a minor with the intent to commit sexual assault after he was caught trying to solicit sex from an officer posing as a 14-year-old girl in an Internet chat room.
According to the arrest affidavit, Vaughan suggested meeting the girl in Parker County and said he would bring marijuana.
Vaughan posted bond and was released from Parker County Jail late Thursday.
The McKinney resident had taught at W.T. White High School since August 2002.

Police arrested a woman they say was involved in a dispute that led to a man being shot to death, a Tucson police spokesman said. Nicole Marie VAUGHAN, 23, was arrested Aug 8, 2010 on a second-degree murder charge in the attack on David B. Sanders, Sgt. Fabian Pacheco said in a news release Friday. Vaughan is at the Pima County Jail on a $100,000 bond. Sanders, 52, was shot June 28 during the confrontation outside an apartment in the 4500 block of East 29th Street. After Sanders was shot, he staggered to the corner of East 29th Street and South Venice Avenue and collapsed, police said. He was transported to University Medical Center, where he clung to life for more than a week,succumbing July 8 to complications from his injuries. Vaughan is suspected of arguing with Sanders before it escalated into the shooting, Pacheco said. Police urge anyone with information to call 911 or 88-CRIME.



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest Articles
bullet.gif Oran Vaughan obituar...
bullet.gif David Watson Vaughan...
bullet.gif Richard VAUGHAN 1930...
bullet.gif VAUGHANs in the Ente...
bullet.gif New Brunswick VAUGHA...